Baked Bison Hickory Sausage and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and artichoke dip is a favorite of all my friends. Try this twist on a great appetizer by adding Hickory Smoked Bison Sausage. Great on tortilla chips or try dipping pretzel rods for a crunchy alternative.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 16.5 oz (468g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 20 min
- 1 High Plains Bison Hickory Smoked Sausage link, ¼ inch diced
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (packed)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts packed in water, well drained, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
¼ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In medium bowl whisk 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, oregano, pepper and garlic until blended.
3. Stir in chopped artichoke hearts and diced Bison Sausage and then transfer mixture into a small casserole dish. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover mixture and refrigerate).
4. Bake dip until heated through, about 20 minutes (30 minutes if chilled).
5. Preheat broiler.
6. Sprinkle dip with remaining tablespoon of parmesan cheese and paprika. Broil until cheese melts.
7. Serve with tortilla chips.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...