BBQ Pulled Bison
Our juicy bison sirloin smothered in a rich BBQ sauce - sweet and smokey with a slight bite. Serve this savory concoction on a bun for a down-home lunch, or pair it with grilled corn for an uptown dinner.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 10.3 oz (292g)
- Prep Time:
- 60 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 270 min
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 (6 oz.) High Plains Bison Sirloin, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
Cooking Instructions:1. Place heavy bottomed sauté pan on stove. Turn burner to high and wait 3-4 minutes for it to preheat.
2. Add oil, wait 1 minute, and then add as much meat as can be managed by the size of the pan you are using. You want enough meat to cover the bottom of the pan, but not too much so that the meat stacks up.
3. Brown well and place into 9x13 baking pan, rotating well-browned meat out and fresh meat into the sauté pan.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the 1 cup water, into a bowl and miss well. Once mixed, pour over browned bison in baking dish.
5. Put dish into preheated oven and cook for 4 hours. Add water, ¼ cup at a time, every hour, mixing well each time.
6. Meat should be tender and juicy, if not, increase cooking time by 1 hour and add additional water.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...