Bison Cajun Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice
Sweet peppers, red beans and rice with tomatoes and onions are all our favorite things. Now imagine the perfectly spiced Bison Andouille sausage and you got a bowlful of Cajun love.
- High Plains Bison
- Serving Size:
- 9.6 oz (271g)
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 10 min
- 3 High Plains Bison Cajun Andouille Sausages, sliced ¼” thick
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup each yellow and green pepper, medium diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 (12oz.) can red beans in juice
- ½ cup brown rice, cooked per package directions
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 5 dashes Tobacco sauce
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
Cooking Instructions:1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over high heat.
2. Add sliced Andouille sausages and sauté quickly about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add sliced peppers, celery, onions, garlic and thyme and continue to sauté until brown, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, beans, rice, tomato juice, tobasco and cayenne and stir well. Reduce heat to medium and continue stirring and cooking 3-5 minutes. Enjoy.
Chef’s Tip: Add ½ cup baby shrimp for that Bayou experience!