Bison Campfire Chili with Beans
A home-style favorite sweetened with brown
sugar, and spiced up with chili seasoning. The addition of our juicy
ground bison makes this dish as western as it can get.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 16.7 oz (474g)
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 50 min
- 2 lbs. High Plains Ground Bison
- 1 (28 oz.) can Italian-style tomatoes, chopped with juices
- 1 (15½ oz.) can hot chili beans (with chipotle peppers)
- 1 (15½ oz.) can kidney beans
- 1 (1.48 oz.) package chili seasoning mix
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup green peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Cooking Instructions:1. Sauté ground bison in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, breaking up clumps with back of spoon until browned, about 7 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes with juices, beans, chili seasoning mix, onions, green peppers and brown sugar. Bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until thickened to desired consistency. Stirring occasionally for about 40 minutes.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For added heat use your favorite hot sauce.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...