Bison Chateaubriand with Horseradish Butter Sauce
Our tender Chateaubriand meets the tangy bite of pure horseradish for an unbelievable flavor combination.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 9.0 oz (254g)
- Prep Time:
- 7 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 13 min
- 1 High Plains Bison Chateaubriand
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 3½ tablespoons horseradish, drained (not creamed)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Cooking Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Pat Chateaubriand dry and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Cook for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
4. Transfer meat to roasting pan and place in preheated oven to finish cooking for 8 minutes.
5. After removing skillet from heat immediately add butter and horseradish, stirring and scraping up any brown bits.
6. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and spoon butter sauce over Chateaubriand before slicing.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...