Bison Hickory Smoked Sausage with Baked Beans and Brown Rice
We love baked beans and this recipe has a hint of sweet and sour that really showcases the wonderful flavor of this Hickory smoked Bison sausage, more please!
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 7.8 oz (220g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 15 min
- 3 High Plains Bison Hickory Smoked Sausages, sliced ¼” thick
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup short grain brown rice, cooked per package directions
- 1 (12oz.) can baked beans
- ½ cup fire roasted red peppers, diced large
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes
Cooking Instructions:1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over high heat.
2. Add sliced smoked sausages and sauté until well browned, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add all other ingredients at once and mix to combine. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes stirring every so often to prevent sticking.
Chef’s Tip: For a sweet treat try adding ½ can diced pineapple.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...