Bison Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
One bite of this and I’m transported back to walking the county Fairgrounds looking for the perfect Sausage sandwich.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 8.8 oz (249g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 10 min
- 5 High Plains Bison Italian Sausages
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 5 whole wheat hoagie buns
Cooking Instructions:1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add sausages and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until sausages have reached an internal temperature of 160° or 5-7 minutes.
2. In a non-stick skillet heat vegetable oil on high and add the onions and peppers. Sautee to brown about 3-4 minutes. Keep warm.
3. Remove sausages from hot water and place in hoagie buns. Top with sautéed onions and peppers and enjoy.
Chef’s Tip: drizzle a little warm marinara sauce over the top of the peppers for slightly messy, but utterly delicious eating experience!
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...