Bison Italian Sausage with Tortellini
The slight hints of sage, red pepper and anise in this Italian sausage lends an authentic harmony of flavor with is mirrored in perfectly cook tortellini. Manga me Amore!
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 9.8 oz (278g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 20 min
- 3 High Plains Bison Italian Sausages
- 1 (10oz.) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 (16oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 sprig fresh basil, chopped
Cooking Instructions:1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add tortellini all at once and reduce heat to medium high. Cook until done about 4-5 minutes. Drain well but do not rinse.
2. Combine the jar of marinara sauce and the drained tortellini to a sauce pan and return to the stove. Cook on low, stirring often to prevent burning.
3. In a large non-stick skillet sear the bison sausages over medium high heat and cook to brown, about 4-5 minutes turning often.
4. Add the peppers to the skillet of sausages, stirring to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Combine the cooked tortellini with marinara sauce to the sausages and mix well.
Serve topped with fresh basil and enjoy.
Chef’s Tips: Add a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese for a burst of cheesy flavor! Slice the sausages and sauté with the peppers and onions.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...