Bison NY Strip Steaks with Brown Ale, Ginger Lime Marinade
Marinating is the best way to simply bring out the flavor of great meat.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 11.5 oz (326g)
- Prep Time:
- 365 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 20 min
- 1 (12oz.) bottle of honey brown ale
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- juice from 2 limes
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoon Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 4 (8oz.) High Plains Bison NY Strip Steaks
Cooking Instructions:For Marinade:
1. Whisk brown ale, sugar, lime juice, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, oil, ginger and Tabasco sauce in large bowl to blend.
2. Place thawed strip steaks in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over steaks.
3. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, but preferably overnight, turning steaks at least once to fully marinate.
For NY Strip Steaks:
1. Preheat cast iron skillet on high for 3-4 minutes.
2. Cook the first side of the steaks on high heat for 5 minutes and then turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes reducing heat to medium high.
3. Remove from pan and let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle back into the meat.
Serve with your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...