Bison Wild Rice and Asiago Cheese Sausage with Linguine
The wonderful aroma of the Asiago cheese in this smoked Bison sausage will ignite your taste buds and satisfy your hunger for great food.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 9.0 oz (254g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 15 min
- 3 High Plains Bison Wild Rice and Asiago Cheese Sausages, sliced ¼” thick
- 10oz. whole wheat linguine pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 10 roasted Cipolline onions or ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce, fresh or store bought brand
Cooking Instructions:1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain but do not rinse. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over high heat and add sliced sausages. Sauté until browned, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add red peppers and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium and combine roasted onions and Alfredo sauce.
5. Add pasta and stir until well combined and pasta is coated, about 3-5 minutes. Enjoy.
Chef’s Tip: Add a ½ cup white wine and ¼ cup minced garlic for a richer and full flavor.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...