Braised Bison Sirloin Steaks
A wholesome medley of tender veggies intermingles with thick slices of Bison Sirloin Steak for a healthy main course - a western favorite the whole family will love.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 15.5 oz (439g)
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 360 min
- 6 (6 oz.) High Plains Bison Sirloin steaks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups of water
- 3 teaspoons beef base, or 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (8 oz.) package baby carrots
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 (8 oz.) package of button mushrooms, cut in half
Cooking Instructions:1. Sear bison steaks in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepan with vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Turn the bison steaks often to brown on all sides.
2. Remove steaks when browned and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add onions and brown them as well.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and add water and bouillon. Return steaks into onion mixture cover and simmer for 4 hours.
5. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 2 hours or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...