Char-Grilled Bison Ribeye Steak with Creamed Corn and Spinach
Seasoned simply with olive oil, garlic and a bit of pepper to taste, we pair our Bison Ribeyes with a delicious blend of sweet creamed corn and fresh spinach.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 30.0 oz (850g)
- Prep Time:
- 35 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 10 min
- 4 (9oz.) High Plains Bison Ribeye Steaks
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ears of sweet corn, kernels cut off the cob
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 package fresh spinach for salad
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- black pepper, ground
Cooking Instructions:To Make Char-Grilled Bison Ribeye:
Preheat charcoal grill one hour before you want to start cooking. Coals should be ash gray and glowing red. Brush grid well to remove charred remains from previous cookouts.
1. Coat steaks well with olive oil on both sides, rubbing into muscle. Season both sides well with garlic, salt and pepper. Let bison steaks set 15-20 minutes before cooking to allow seasonings and oil to form a seasoned film.
2. Place steaks on grill and turn often to prevent burning. If flare-ups occur, snuff fire with grill lid. Cooking time for a 1" boneless bison steak over direct heat should be about 4-5 minutes per side. If doneness is in doubt, cut into steak to see if it is done to your desired degree.
Steaks should rest on a platter in a warm place 10-15 minutes before eating to let the juices redistribute through the meat.
To Make Creamed Corn and Spinach:
1. Place sweet corn kernels and butter into deep stewing pot on stove over high heat.
2. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
3. Add spinach all at once stir twice and then add heavy whipping cream. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often and then turn off heat.
4. Season to taste with salt and black ground pepper.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...