Garlic Bison NY Strip Steak Sandwhich
For a delicious yet healthy sandwich.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 4.1 oz (115g)
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 9 min
- 2 High Plains Bison NY Strip steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 large French baguette, cut into 4 pieces and halved lengthwise
- 2 large heads of garlic, halved
- 2 large handfuls mixed greens, rinsed and drained well
- 2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra vigin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Cooking Instructions:1. Season steaks with the first four ingredients. Cook over pre-heated grill on high, 4 minutes the first side and 5 minutes on the second side.
2. Remove steaks from grill and keep warm.
3. Broil haved baguettes until toasted and then rub inside of bread with the halved garlic heads.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients and toss well to coat.
5. Slice bison NY strip steaks thinly across the grain and divide among the 4 baguettes.
6. Top each sandwich with dressed greens and enjoy!
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...