Grilled Bison Burgers
Trying Bison for the first time? This recipe is guaranteed to please your taste buds. The perfect seasoning will insure a wonderful eating experience.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 4.1 oz (117g)
- Prep Time:
- 13 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 7 min
- 1 lb. High Plains Ground Bison -or- 3 to 4 (1/3 lb.) High Plains Bison Burger Patties
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon Chef Forrest's Flavor Crust Seasoning
Cooking Instructions:If frozen, thaw ground bison in the refrigerator for two days before making the patties. Preheat griddle to 550°F before cooking. We suggest using a laser thermometer to test the temperature.
1. Form bison into three or four burger patties.
2. Coat the burgers on both sides with olive oil spray to help form a crust; this keeps the juices in the burger.
3. Sprinkle patties with our special High Plains Bison seasoning blend.
4. Place the bison burgers on the griddle for 4 minutes on the first side. Flip the burgers and cook for an additional 3 minutes. The internal temperature should be 135-140°F.
Let burgers rest for several minutes before eating.
Serve on buns with your favorite condiments.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...