Grilled Bison Filet with Peaches
Looking for something new? Try our grilled bison and peaches. This quick and easy recipe will surely become one of your favorites. Plus everything is done at the grill, why mess up your kitchen if you don’t have to.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 12.8 oz (363g)
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 25 min
- 4 ripe peaches cut in half, pit removed
- honey to drizzle
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle (preferably 25 years old)
- 4 (6 oz.) High Plains Bison Filet Mignon steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Cooking Instructions:To Make Honey Balsamic Vinegar Peaches:
1. Place peaches on a hot charcoal grill or preheated gas grill flesh side down. Cook for 3-5 minutes to char.
2. Remove from grill carefully. Turnover and drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
To Make Bison Filet Mignon:
Remove bison filet mignon steaks from the freezer and place in refrigerator to thaw on a cookie sheet to catch any dripping. Thaw for 24 hrs. The quick-thaw method is to place wrapped bison steaks in a bowl and place in the sink. Allow cool running water to flow into the bowl and run for 20 minutes or until thawed.
1. Preheat grill on high for 5-10 minutes.
2. Coat steaks with olive oil and season liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic on both sides.
3. Cook over a charcoal or gas grill on high for 5 minutes on first side and 3 minutes on second side. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle back into the meat.
Note: For best results, we recommend only cooking your bison steaks to rare or medium-rare.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...