Grilled Bison NY Strip Steak
NY Strips are our favorite steak. Follow this recipe exactly for juicy success every time.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 10.3 oz (293g)
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 20 min
- 4 (10oz.) High Plains Bison NY Strip Steaks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Cooking Instructions:Remove bison steaks from the freezer and place in refrigerator to thaw on a cookie sheet to catch any dripping. Thaw for 24 hrs. The quick-thaw method is to place wrapped bison steaks in a bowl and place in the sink. Allow cool running water to flow into the bowl and run for 20 minutes or until thawed.
1. Preheat grill on high for 5-10 minutes.
2. Coat steaks with olive oil and season liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic on both sides.
3. Cook over a charcoal or gas grill for 5 minutes on first side and 3 minutes on second side. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle back into the meat.
Note: For best results, we recommend only cooking your bison steaks to rare or medium-rare.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...