Bison Sausage Kabobs
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 12.2 oz (347g)
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 20 min
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ each red, yellow and green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 baby portabella or button mushrooms
- 2 ears sweet corn cut into thirds
- ½ red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 asparagus stalks, cut into 3 inch inches pieces
- 3 of your favorite High Plains Bison Sausages cut into fourths
- 6 wooden skewers soaked in water at least 2 hours
Cooking Instructions:1. Mix oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and garlic to make a marinade.
2. Place cut vegetables into a zip lock bag and add the marinade; shake well to coat.
3. Arrange vegetables and bison sausages alternately onto skewers.
4. Cook kabobs for 10 minutes on the first side and an additional 8 minutes on the other side or until sausages have reached an internal temperature of 160°F.