Maytag Bleu Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon
Crusted bleu cheese adds stunning rich and tangy flavor to our juicy bison filet. Just the thought of melted blue cheese makes my mouth water…just think how good it’s going to taste for you! It’s an easy recipe with a beautiful presentation.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 7.7 oz (217g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 15 min
- 4 (6 oz.) High Plains Bison Filet Mignon
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz. Maytag Bleu Cheese
Cooking Instructions:1. Preheat broiler.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and a generous amount of ground black pepper. Add to skillet and cook about 4 minutes per side for medium doneness.
4. Transfer steaks to a broiler pan and top each with 1 oz. bleu cheese.
5. Place on top rack of oven and broil until a light crust forms on the cheese.
6. Remove from oven and place on a serving platter, keep warm.
7. In the same skillet you cooked the steaks, return to medium-high heat and add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Melt butter and cook until it begins to turn a light brown color.
Remove from heat and spoon over crusted steaks.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...