New York Strips with Blackberry Bourbon Sauce
Try this on top of your steaks to give it a give it a luscious rounded flavor.
- Serving Size:
- 12.6 oz (356g)
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 30 min
- 4 High Plains Bison NY Strip Steaks
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Booker’s Kentucky Bourbon
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Blackberry jam
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 lb. fresh pasta, we used red pepper pasta
- 1 tablespoon sea salt and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil to season the water for cooking the pasta
Cooking Instructions:1. Mince shallots and fresh mint, julienne red peppers, and slice onion, zucchini and summer squash.
2. Heat saute pan on stove top on High.
3. Season both sides of steaks liberally with coarse ground black pepper, granulated salt and sea salt.
4. Add 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil to HOT pan and place steaks in pan quickly. About 3 minutes. Do not lower the heat...sear both sides of steaks to develop a flavor crust.
5. Flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside in a warm place.
6. Add butter and shallots to the same saute pan, cook over medium-high heat to caramelize the shallots...about 3 minutes.
7. Add Bourbon and cook about 2 minutes. After the Bourbon cooks down, stir.
8. Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
9. Add blackberry jam and mint. Stir well and reduce to a simmer, medium-low heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes until it has a syrup consistency. Stir every few minutes
10. In a separate pan melt butter over high heat and saute the onions until caramelized for 3-5 minutes, stir often.
11. Add red peppers and continue cooking, stirring often for 3 minutes.
12. Add zucchini, squash and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
13. Remove from heat; keep warm and set aside.
14. Heat 1 1/2 quarts of water seasoned with 1 tablespoon sea salt and 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, bring to a boil.
15. After water has come to a rolling boil, add pasta all at once.
16. Cook pasta to desired doneness. Drain, do not rinse. Season with olive oil and more Lawry's Seasoned Salt, if desired.
17. Slice NY Strips thinly and dress with Blackberry Bourbon and Mint Sauce and serve.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...