Pan Seared NY Strip Steaks with Red Wine Sauce
A classic red wine sauce that is simply wonderful. Enjoy this recipe for years to come.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 13.6 oz (386g)
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 45 min
- 4 (10oz.) High Plains Bison NY Strip Steaks, thawed
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ tablespoon black, green and pink freshly ground peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large shallots, minced
- 1½ teaspoon black, green and pink freshly ground peppercorns
- 1 cup red wine
Cooking Instructions:1. Preheat cast iron skillet on high for 3-4 minutes.
2. Cut through the fat along the backside of the steaks to prevent curling. Rub strip steaks with vegetable oil and season with salt and tri-colored pepper.
3. Cook the first side of the steaks on high heat for 5 minutes and then turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes reducing heat to medium high.
4. Remove from pan and set aside on warm platter. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle back into the meat.
5. Add butter, shallots and peppercorns to cast iron skillet and sauté until browned and caramelized. Stir often to prevent burning.
6. Add red wine all at once and lower heat to medium. Cook until wine is reduced by ¾ of volume about 15-20 minutes.
Serve red wine sauce over pan fried NY strips and enjoy!
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...