Peppered Bison Sirloin Medallions with Bleu Cheese Fettuccine Alfredo
Rich bleu cheese, pepper encrusted steak medallions and the subtle flavor of fresh garlic makes this dish indulgently gourmet - a great dish for impressing even the most refined pallets.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 14.9 oz (421g)
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 30 min
- 2 (6oz.) Top Sirloin Bison steaks, cut into 1" medallions
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ stick butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16oz.) package fettuccine noodles follow manufacturer's instructions
- ½ lb. bleu cheese crumbles
Cooking Instructions:1. Season bison medallions with black pepper. Push pepper into the surface of the bison with your fingertips.
2. Preheat heavy-bottomed sauté pan on high for 3-4 minutes.
3. Heat vegetable oil in sauté pan and wait one minute for the oil to preheat. Add peppered medallions to hot oil and sauté, browning well on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove medallions from sauté pan, and place on a platter in warm place.
4. Add butter to a fresh sauté pan set on medium-high. When butter melts, add garlic and turn heat down to medium. Cook garlic until translucent and soft. About 4 minutes.
5. Add heavy whipping cream all at once. Add wine immediately and stir well. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
6. Add Parmesan cheese and turn off heat, stirring cheese well to incorporate. Leave in pan and on burner to stay warm.
7. Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain when done, but do not rinse pasta. Place drained pasta on serving platter. Top with Alfred sauce, place peppered bison medallions on top of sauce and scatter top with bleu cheese as garnish.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...