Mediterranean Style Roasted Bison Filet Mignon Steaks
Take the gourmet flavor of our premium tenderloin to a whole new level
by adding the full-bodied flavor of a portobello
mushroom and the rich Mediterranean zest of roasted red peppers and goat
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 13.8 oz (391g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 30 min
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6oz.) High Plains Bison Filet Mignon steaks
- Rosemary, ground
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (7.25oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 8oz. goat cheese
Cooking Instructions:To Make Roasted Bison Filet Mignon Steaks:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a 12-inch heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron) heat 1½ tablespoons oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Sear half of steaks until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer steaks to a shallow baking pan. Sear remaining steaks in remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in same manner. When steaks are just cool enough to handle, sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Roast steaks in middle of oven about 8 minutes for medium-rare. Turn down oven to 350°F. and transfer bison steaks from oven to platter, keep warm.
To Make Portobello Mushrooms with Goat Cheese and Seasoned Roasted Red Peppers:
1. Rub mushrooms with olive oil and toss with green onions. Arrange mushrooms, rounded side down in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
2. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper and bake until tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Transfer mushrooms to platter with bison steaks. Divide goat cheese into four (2oz.) portions and fill mushroom caps.
Garnish with roasted red peppers and top with bison steaks.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...