Roasted Bison Filet Mignon with Tomato Cream Sauce
Fresh, flavorful and packed with spices, this recipe makes a perfect dinner party centerpiece. Guests will love the juicy seared filets with a rich creamy tomato sauce.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 13.6 oz (385g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 15 min
- 4 (6oz.) High Plains Bison Filet Mignon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- granulated garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (7.25oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
Cooking Instructions:To Make Roasted Filet Mignon:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a 12-inch heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron), heat 1½ tablespoons oil over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking.
3. Sear half of steaks until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow baking pan. Sear remaining steaks in remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in same manner.
4. When steaks are just cool enough to handle, sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Roast steaks in middle of oven, 8 minutes for medium-rare. Turn oven down to 350°F. Transfer steaks to platter and keep warm.
To Make Tomato Cream Sauce:
1. Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes, cream, red peppers and crushed red pepper and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in ½ cup basil and simmer 1 minute longer.
Serve tomato cream sauce over bison filets.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...