Roasted Prime Rib with Chianti Sauce, Roasted Cipollini Onions & Cherry Tomatoes
The bold combination of robust Chianti, smoky onions and tart tomatoes provide the perfect pairing for our tender Prime Rib.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 0.0 oz (0g)
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 175 min
- 1 High Plains Bison Prime Rib
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 Cipollini onions, ends and skin removed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- 1½ cup Chianti or any red wine
- 1½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
Cooking Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 475°F for 30 minutes.
2. While oven is preheating, season outside of Prime Rib with oil, salt and pepper. Place Prime Rib in roasting pan and put in preheated oven.
3. Roast for 30 minutes and then add onions. Continue roasting for an additional 15 minutes and then reduce the oven to 200°F and add cherry tomatoes.
4. Continue to roast for 2 hours. Remove Prime Rib, onions and tomatoes from oven and place on a platter.
5. Place roasting pan on the stove top on medium to medium high heat and pour the Chianti into the roasting pan. Using a wooden spoon, de-glaze the roasting pan by scraping all the brown pieces from the pan, cooking about 5 minutes.
6. Pour wine and roasting juices from roasting pan carefully into a 4 quart sauce pan.
7. Combine water and cornstarch until dissolved and then add to roasting pan.
8. Add bouillon to the sauce stirring well. Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve with sliced Prime Rib and roasted Cipollini onions and cherry tomatoes.
Bison Cooking TipsHow to get the best from your bison...