Scrambled Eggs with Bison Hickory Smoked Sausage on Roasted Potatoes, Yams and Apples
The yams and potatoes add a great contrast in color and texture. The apples with the Hickory Sausages are a naturally delicious combination. Served together makes this a winning dish.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 11.6 oz (329g)
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 40 min
- 2 baking potatoes, sliced ¼ inch
- 1 large yam or sweet potato, sliced ¼ inch
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 crisp apples Fuji or McIntosh or your favorite eating apple
- 4 High Plains Bison Hickory Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 8 eggs
Cooking Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Toss potatoes and yam with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet pan and roast for 40 minutes.
3. Dice apples, leaving the skin on for color and fiber then add to the top of the roasted potatoes evenly and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
4. Sauté sausage slices in a skillet over medium high heat until lightly browned. About 5-8 minutes. Do not add any additional fat as the sausages will brown nicely on their own.
5. Add the eggs which have been whisked together and scramble until done to your likeness.
To Serve: Using a spatula scoop the yam, potato and apples mixture onto a serve plate. Top with scrambled eggs and Bison Hickory Smoked sausages and enjoy!
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...