Sister Jackie’s Bourbon BBQ Sauce
A simple blend of ingredients that result in a wonderfully sweet, mouthwatering smoky BBQ sauce. Adds authentic southern flavor to any cut of meat.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 0.0 oz (0g)
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 60 min
- 2 cups Heinz ketchup
- ½ cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Spanish onion, finely diced
Cooking Instructions:1. Combine all ingredients in heavy large saucepan.
2. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer and cook uncovered until sauce thickens and flavors blend, stirring frequently, about 1 hour.
Can be made one week ahead. Cover; chill.