Sliced Bison Filet Mignon with Italian Green Beans
We've paired classic Mediterranean flavors with our moist fillets for a dish that's fresh, amazingly flavorful, and completely filling.
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 12.3 oz (350g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 15 min
- 4 (6 oz.) High Plains Bison Filet Mignon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- rosemary, ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pits removed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- pepper to taste
Cooking Instructions:To Make Bison Filet:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. In a 12-inch heavy skilled (preferably cast-iron), heat 1½ tablespoons oil over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking. Sear half of steaks until browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a shallow baking pan.
3. Sear remaining steaks in remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in the same manner. When steaks are cool enough to handle, sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Roast steaks in middle of oven, 8 minutes for medium-rare. Turn oven down to 350°F. Transfer steaks to platter and keep warm.
To Make Italian Green Beans and Grape Tomatoes:
1. Cook beans in a 6-quart pot of boiling water, uncovered, until tender, 4-6 minutes.
2. Drain in a colander then transfer to a large bowl. Toss with oil, parmesan cheese, olives, and tomatoes. Season with pepper to taste.
Slice bison and serve with green beans and tomato mixture.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...