Thai Grilled Bison NY Strip Steak Salad
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 19.4 oz (549g)
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 25 min
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 (8oz.) High Plains Bison NY Strip Steaks, with all visible fat removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, granulated
- 2 tablespoons lemon grass, minced
- 2 Serrano Chile peppers, minced with seeds
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- juice from 1½ limes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
Cooking Instructions:To Make the Salad:
1. Combine cabbage, lime juice and fish sauce and toss well to coat.
2. Place in refrigerator to keep cool while you are preparing the strip steaks.
To Make Bison Strip Steaks:
Preheat grill to high for 5-10 minutes.
1. Coat steaks with olive oil and season liberally with pepper and garlic on both sides.
2. Cook over a charcoal or gas grill for 5 minutes on first side and 3 minutes on second side.
3. Let steaks rest for 10 minutes, slice thinly against the grain of the meat.
To Make Marinade:
1. Combine lemon grass, chilies, shallots, green onions, fish sauce, lime juice, cilantro and mint.
2. Add thinly sliced bison. Toss to coat.
3. Drain cabbage, place on platter and top with marinated bison steak.
Note: Marinade can be prepared up to one day ahead, or while the steaks are resting.
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...