Wrigley Field's Buffalo-style Bison Dog
Proudly noted as "the best hot dog in the park" by the Chicago Tribune, we knew we had to get this fan-favorite recipe from David Burns - the Levy Restaurants Executive Chef at Wrigley Field - for all of our
High Plains Bison enthusiasts to enjoy at home!
- High Plains Bison Kitchen
- Serving Size:
- 6.0 oz (170g)
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Total Cooking Time:
- 10 min
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Frank’s® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 6 High Plains Bison Dogs
- 1 bag shredded cabbage for coleslaw
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 package whole wheat hot dog buns
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately low heat and stir in Frank’s® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce to create a quick, easy "buffalo sauce".
2. Add the High Plains Bison Hot Dogs to the buffalo sauce, and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes - or until the Bison Dogs have
3. In a separate bowl, mix the shredded cabbage with the blue cheese dressing until they are blended thoroughly.
4. Place each buffalo sauce basted High Plains Bison Hot Dog in one whole wheat bun.
5. Dribble a little more of the buffalo sauce from the skillet on the Bison Dogs for flavor.
6. Top each Bison Dog with a generous portion of the blue cheese coleslaw mixture.
Enjoy the taste of Wrigley Field at your next meal!
Bison Cooking TipsHere's how to get the best from your bison...